Owatrol Dilunett is a water-based paint stripper that will remove any oil and alkyd based paint, varnish or wood stain. It has a powerful formula that strips up to 8 coats of finish in just one application. It is also suitable for almost any surface such as wood, metal and plastic.
Owatrol Dilunett’s gel-like consistency means it will not run or drip making it ideal for use on vertical surfaces, elaborate plaster or wood designs that are in need of being stripped.
Ideal uses for Dilunett
- It can be used on most surfaces (except Aluminium).
- Wood Stain Remover.
- Perfect for surfaces difficult to strip due to size or intricate design and horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Solvent-free so no toxic fumes.
- Dilunett is capable of removing up to 8 coats of finish in 1 application.
- Ideal for stripping large areas as Dilunett is non-flammable.
- Does not attack plastics, rubber, synthetic coating or gel coats.
- Remove any loose and flaking paint.
- Brush off any physical surface contamination i.e. moss, general dirt etc.
- Apply a thick coat of Dilunett over the whole surface to be stripped. For woods rich in tannins, work large areas in zones to avoid excessive darkening of the wood.
- Allow product to work.
- Remove DILUNETT® and dissolved paint with a stiff nylon scrubbing brush or paint scraper while flushing with water, alternatively use a pressure washer.
- Thoroughly rinse the surface with fresh clean water.
- After stripping and rinsing. All porous surfaces must be immediately treated with Net-Trol while still wet to neutralise the surface.
Dilunett is biodegradable and solvent-free so all you need for clean up is water.
Dilunett will not remove the following types of coatings 2 pack or baked on paints. Polyurethane paint and varnish.
Do not use on “weak” woods such as veneers.
Do not use on aluminium.